At a glance
- Cooler, healthier home
- Cooling / Dry mode can help combat condensation and improve ventilation
- Improved air quality for asthma and allergy sufferers
- Thermostatically controlled
- Energy efficient technology
- Safe for children
Best suited for:
Situations in which central cooling (and heating) is desired is desired throughout the entire home
- Indoor unit mounted in ceiling space
- Outdoor unit can be mounted at ground level, on wall brackets, or on roof
How ducted air conditioning systems work
Ducted system moves hot or cool air down from supply air grills into selected rooms to mix and circulate with room air (convection heat)
Pricing for unit and installation*
Price varies depending on the size of the unit and the number of supply air grills. Some sample estimates are:
- Average sized 3 bedroom home with 9 grills – $13,000
- Large house with 12 grills – $15,000
- Very large homes may require 2 separate systems – $22,000
* Prices are for budgeting purposes only and are subject to change. They are based on a standard installation and include GST. Once you have chosen the system you would like for your home, we will issue a quote based upon your specific requirements. Please see our Terms and Conditions for additional information.
Ducted Air Conditioning – Climate Control for Your Entire Home
Ducted air conditioning is the ultimate climate control solution for your whole home or workplace. This system offers heating or cooling throughout multiple rooms with minimal visual impact.
A ducted air conditioning system can be installed in new and existing homes or workplaces. The system is typically installed in the ceiling space or under the floor. The location of the ducts depends upon the space available.
Ducted systems are highly desirable because they do not disrupt the appearance of your home with bulky or unsightly equipment. In most cases, the only sign of the system is the vents through which the air flows into the room. This is quite a contrast from a visible heat pump hanging on your wall. Occasionally, bulkheads may need to be constructed to contain some of the ductwork if there is not enough space in the ceiling.
Components of ducted air conditioning systems
An air conditioning system is made up of the following components:
- A compressor (also called a condenser) outside the house – this unit powers the system and delivers the refrigerant cooling agent to the indoor unit.
- Refrigerant pipes and electrical cabling running between the compressor and the air conditioning unit.
- A central air conditioning unit (also called a fan coil unit) inside the house. This is installed either in the ceiling or under the floor.
- A condensate drain running from the fan coil unit to an external drain.
- Ductwork hidden in the ceiling or under the floor carries the cooled (or heated) air to each room.
- One or more vents (or supply-air diffusers) in each room to direct the warm or cool air into each room.
- A return air grill and filter to return filtered air back to the fan coil unit.
- A wired, wall mounted control panel to control the temperature, mode (heating or cooling), and allow it to be programmed.
Selecting the right size unit for your home
Ducted air conditioners are available in a range of sizes suitable for small to large homes. It is very important to get the correct air conditioner size. If your air conditioner is too small, it will not be able to meet your cooling and heating needs on the hottest and coolest days. And if your system is too large it will cost you more than you need to pay, both initially and for ongoing running costs. During your free consultation, our skilled team will help you select a unit that is optimally sized for your home.
We supply and install Panasonic air conditioning systems
At Climate, we carefully research and test all systems before deciding to offer them to our customers. For air conditioning ducted systems, we supply and install Panasonic Air Conditioning systems in homes, schools and businesses. We are Panasonic’s Authorised Service Centre for Taranaki and approved installers of their ducted air conditioning systems. This means that we are able to provide you with a full warranty on any Panasonic system that we install.
Other systems available
We also offer Mitsubishi Electric and Hitachi systems.
Other central heating systems to consider
- Gas heaters ducted
- Radiator central heating
- In-floor central heating (new builds and renovations only)
Ready for a free consultation?
During your consultation, we’ll help you decide if a Panasonic Air Conditioning system is the best solution for your home or workplace. We’ll also guide you on choosing the right size to efficiently and effectively cool your home. Call us (06 769 6410) to make an appointment or use our contact form.